How to apply
Please submit fifteen (15) packets containing copies of the following items:
- Grant Application Cover Sheet (download PDF)
- Letter of Intent (not to exceed 2 pages); and
- Agency Executive Director’s Signature must be on the Letter of Intent;
- Project budget including expenses and other sources of income, if
any (1 page).
In addition, please submit one (1) copy each of:
- Current list of Board of Directors (1 page)
- IRS 501(c) (3) Determination letter
- Your most recent independent audit
- Supporting documentation (optional, 2 pages)
Please include a contact email address.
Your 1-2 page Letter of Intent should contain:
- What need or problem has been identified
- What you plan to do about it
- What you hope to achieve
- If awarded the grant, how will you publicize the grant and recognize the Women's Fund
Describe the needs or problem your project addresses. Include relevant statistics, other information that substantiates the needs, and the amount you are requesting (specific dollar amount). Please clearly identify the project for which you are requesting funds.
State the specific dollar amount that you are requesting in the first paragraph of the Letter of Intent.
Please provide your organization’s mission statement. Briefly describe your organization’s history, major accomplishments, current programs and services, and your constituency.
Describe specifically the goals, objectives and activities or strategies that will be implemented to address the problem and needs described. Include relevant timeline
and other project or program-related information. Describe who will implement the project or program and their qualifications. Tell us how you are collaborating or communicating with groups working on similar issues.
Other Sources of Support
Identify any other sources of committed or expected in-kind or cash support for the project or program. Include plans for continuation of the project over time.
Describe how you will evaluate the impact and success of the project or program.
Download Grant Application Cover Sheet and Grant Checklist
If you would like your project to be considered for funding, please mail your grant application to:
The Women’s Fund of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc.
Attn: Grants Committee
2 Williams Street
Clinton, NY 13323
We cannot accept late or incomplete grant applications. In conducting due diligence, The Women’s Fund may make inquiries of the applicant organization or of other collaborating organizations.
If you have any questions regarding a Grant submission please e-mail The Women’s Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org